A sawzall is one of the few tools that can save you big time. When remodeling in particular, the machine delivers a lot of power to the cutting blade. Thereby helping make it easier and faster to saw whichever material you are cutting down. If you have the best cordless sawzall in your hands, it even becomes simpler as you can work on tight spaces where other tools can’t access.
Of course, all sawzalls can do that due to their compact design, but the cordless models usually run on a rechargeable battery. Hence, you can work pretty better on those areas inaccessible to AC power.
The Difference between Sawzall, Reciprocating Saw, And Jigsaw
Technically, there is no difference between a sawzall and a Reciprocating saw. They both mean the same thing today, only that the former was initially a trademark of Milwaukee Tool Company.
Founded in 1924, the American brand invented their reciprocating saw and registered it as Sawzall® since it could “saw all” materials. The registration happened in 1951 but as time went by, what was a patented name became more of a layman’s term. Hence, leading to the use of Sawzall to mean a reciprocating saw from any brand. After all, the name was much easier to say and certainly explained its purpose well.
On its end, a jigsaw is a type of reciprocating saw that you can use to cut intricate shapes, patterns, and templates. Unlike a sawzall, its blade protrudes downwards from the saw and you can easily use it with one hand.
Benefits of a Cordless Sawzall
Should you be a contractor or just an enthusiastic DIYer, some tools are surely worth having with you. Even if they are nonessential, some can be much of help than even what you thought to be vital.
For instance, a demolish project can be daunting, tiring, and time-consuming while trying to rip down with a crowbar. With a proper reciprocating saw, nonetheless, all the work becomes effortless and quicker since the tool cuts through all the materials on its way. Whether it’s the Plastics, concrete, nails, wood, or rocks, the tool can saw all without any difficulty.
Apart from versatility, the other benefits of a sawzall include:
Compact design: Overall, this is the major benefit of the tool, following its small size and the exposed blade. It allows you to cut through materials at tight spaces such as inside a cabinet.
Portability: the majority of reciprocating tools weigh around 5-8 pounds. As such, you can carry it around the house or workplace easily without any compromises. You can even climb up to a tree or roof and do whatever you wanted easily and comfortably.
Easy to Use: This one is mostly facilitated by its compact design and light mass. The majority of the tools are straightforward to operate and also the blades are so easy to insert.
Different blade positioning: due to its exposed blade, a sawzall can function in different positions. Some models even feature a 4-position blade clamp, thereby allowing you to cut materials straight, as well as at an angle.
Last but not least, there is the advantage of convenience when you have the best cordless sawzall. This means you will never have to worry whether there is electricity in your worksite, thus, compatible with any environment. Furthermore, there won’t be electrical or extension cords on the ground. Hence, making the work environment safer, with minimal chances of tripping and fall.
Top 7 Cordless Sawzall (Best Picks)
In a hurry? Check the bestseller top Cordless Sawzall from Amazon. Just check the product link, the details and price.
Choosing the Best Cordless Sawzall
Like many other tools, the reciprocating saw is available in a variety of designs and models. Therefore, you have to make the right decision as you buy if you are to enjoy the best.
Here are some of the best-rated products that you can get online today. Check them out and see which suits your needs and preference optimally.
**Please Note: a reciprocating tool is a remodeling or demolition tool. It can cut with precision but won’t leave a fine, clean finish. **
1. Editor’s Pick: DEWALT [DCS367B] Reciprocating Saw
First on our list is this spectacular piece that features a combination of quality and long-established craftsmanship. It weighs around five pounds and has a compact ergonomic design to deliver optimal efficiency while working. This also means you can comfortably work with it for many hours without straining your muscles.
The saw uses a brushless motor and has a variable speed trigger that you can set between 0 to 2900 SPM [strokes per minute]. Hence, very helpful when you have a lot to saw in a limited amount of time. It has a 4-position blade clamp, which can come in handy while working at different angles. And there is a pivoting shoe to stabilize the blade and give you a precise, comfortable cut.
- It’s small size and lightweight. Thus, portable and effortless to work with
- Uses a brushless motor, which is high performing and with lesser heating and friction
- Features built-in LED light to illuminate your working surface
- You can use various materials, including metal, wood, and plastic pipes
- You can insert the blade in four different positions
- Has a variable speed setting for different situations
- The cordless saw comes with a limited 3-year warranty
What we don’t like
This saw comes bare without cutting blades, battery, and charger. Hence, you will have to buy them separately.
2. Best Value: HYCHIKA 20V Cordless Reciprocating Saw
When it comes to the best value, we don’t mean the cheapest product, but which is surely worth its price, just like this particular piece.
The sawzall comes as a complete pack, with two 20v batteries and four cutting blades [for wood and metal]. It has a powerful motor that produces up to 2800 SPM to work on harder materials such as metals and rocks.
The tool is compact and lightweight, plus it has an anti-slip handle that is easy and comfortable to work with. It has a keyless blade change feature and an innovative base plate that you can adjust to reach into tight spots. Thereby making your work simpler while at the same time extending the blade’s life.
- The tool comes as a complete set, with batteries and replacement blades
- It features a variable speed switch for easier use on different materials
- Has a 4-gear base plate that you can adjust the cutting positions
- Includes a safety trigger to avoid accidental powering
- Has a stroke length of 7/8”
- Fitted with a LED light to allow precise, clear cuts in low-lighted areas
- It has a quick-release battery button and power indicator
What we don’t like about it:
Despite its fantastic performance, this saw does vibrate a bit when working. So, you will need to grasp it well not to lose the grip.
3.Best Budget: Black+Decker BDCR20C Reciprocating Saw w/ Battery
This is one of the few options that you can get when on a tight budget or when you want more than three tools. It costs less than $70 and its performance is as comparable to those of its peers.
For one, the tool is compact, with a weight of fewer than five pounds. Hence, effortless to work with even in the most uncomfortable situations. Secondly, it has a variable speed trigger that you can set from zero to 3,000 strokes/ minute. The blade runs a stroke length of 7/8” and you can easily change it without using any tools.
This saw comes with a five-inch blade, 20V lithium battery, and charger. As such, you will not need to go back to the store if you want to cut soft materials like wood or plastic.
- It has a small, light design that is easy to work with
- You can cut materials at various speed
- Has a pivoting shoe to allow steady cutting
- Includes an ergonomic handle and anti-slip overmold for comfortable cutting
- Accepts up to a 12-inch blade
- The recip saw supports flush cutting with the saw turned upside down
What we don’t like
The saw battery life is not that great. Thus, you might need to buy an extra one if you are a fulltime metalworker or woodworker. Also, its vibrations are quite significant that you will feel them.
4. Best Design: WORX WX550L.9 Axis 2-in-1 Recip Saw and Jigsaw
This is the best cordless sawzall tool for your unique tech taste and the desire for high efficiency. It features an innovative setup that allows you to easily switch to either sawzall or jigsaw by just a push of a button.
At less than 5-pound, the tool is so easy to maneuver, make precise cuts, and move around with. It’s compatible with any standard sawzall and t-shank saw blades, which means you won’t struggle to find replacements. Furthermore, the blades are so easy to change without needing a screwdriver, HEX key, or any other tools.
The sawzall has a powerful motor with a no-load speed of 3000 reps/minute and a ¾” stroke length. It functions with a 20V lithium battery but depending with your preference, you can buy the tool with or without one.
- The tool can work as either a sawzall or jigsaw
- It features an integrated dust blower to clean the surface you’re cutting
- Supports orbital-action cutting for higher efficiency
- Lightweight to enable use without straining your muscles
- Has a pivoting shoe to allow high precision while cutting
- Can saw through many materials, including ceramic, metal, plastic, wood, and plastic
- It allows you to control cutting speed by the pressure of the trigger
What we don’t like about it:
The saw is truly outstanding in performance but its battery life is quite an issue. How we wish the brand offers it with multiple batteries.
5. Alternative 1: DEWALT DCS380B Reciprocating Saw
This is another spectacular product that you can consider while looking for the best cordless sawzall for your jobsite. It comprises of sturdy construction, with a superior motor that performs at a speed of up to 3000 SPM.
The tool has a variable speed trigger that allows optimized blade control as it cut through different materials. It has an adjustable pivoting that allows a better reach of the tight areas, while at the same time extending the blade life.
The recip saw has a well-designed handle, with an anti-slip grip to provide optimal comfort as you work. Then, there’s a lever-action button that allows you to change the blade easily and quickly without using any tools.
- It has a variable speed trigger [with lock] for optimal cutting speed
- Features a 4-position blade clamp for increased versatility and flush cutting
- Has an adjustable base shoe and a stroke length of 1-inches
- It’s comfortable to carry and handle
- Has a built-in LED light to offer optimal visibility in low-lighted environments
- Can cut through many materials ranging from the softwoods to tough metal
- The tool comes with a 3-year warranty
What we don’t like:
The only drawback with this power saw is that it has short battery life. You might need to get multiple batteries if you will be working in an area without electricity throughout the day.
6. Alternative 2: Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw
Although it appears to be simple to the eyes, this tool is surely high performing and worth a thousand likes. Like the others, it has a compact lightweight design that allows smooth and precise cutting without using your energy.
The saw has a top-grade brushless motor that delivers so much power while producing lesser heat and friction. Hence, cutting faster while at the same time assuring you extended longevity.
The saw has an ergonomic handle that has an anti-slip grip to ensure optimal comfort while carrying on with your demolish. It has an adjustable pivoting shoe and also there’s an inbuilt LED light to enable visibility in low-lighted spaces.
- It features a high-carbon steel body that is remarkably long-lasting
- Very easy to work with due to its compact and lightweight design
- You can use in dark tight spaces without difficulties
- Has a powerful brushless motor that delivers up to 3,000 strokes/ Minute
- Features the exclusive REDLINK PLUS intelligence that ensures protection against overheating and overloading
- It has a safety switch to help prevent accidental powering
- The tool allows inserting the blade upside down for flush cutting
What we don’t like about it:
It uses a plastic blade change mechanism which is sometimes tricky to use, in particular when it gets stuck.
7. Alternative 3: PORTER-CABLE PCC670B Reciprocating Saw
This is a great alternative tool when on a tight budget but you need a versatile tool to use on your rip-down projects. It features a lovely styling with a high-performance Drivetrain that assures you faster and precise cutting.
The saw runs on a 20V Max battery that can deliver from zero to 3000 SPM using the included variable speed trigger. Its blade cuts at a one-inch stroke length and there is a pivoting shoe to make sure you have better control while cutting materials.
The saw has a very convenient blade change mechanism that requires no tools to use. Plus it has a contoured overmold that gives you a comfortable grip without causing any distress.
- It can cut at variable speeds ranging 0-3,000SPM
- Has a safety switch to prevent accidental powering
- Features an ergonomic handle and anti-slip grip
- Can cut through many materials, including nails, wood, ceramic, and PVC
- It’s so simple and quick to remove the blade
- The tool is light and compact to allow use in tight spaces
What we don’t like about it:
Unluckily, this tool doesn’t have an integrated LED light that should help you while working in low-lighted areas. Also, it doesn’t come with a battery or charger. Hence, you will have to purchase them separately.
Essential tips when using a Cordless sawzall
Although there are others, these are top-best products that you can consider while looking for a reciprocating saw for your household or site use. All comprise the bestselling tools that we have searched and researched using our extensive skills and deep knowledge of workshop tools. So, you shouldn’t have any doubt while adding either of them to your cart.
Even so, your best cordless sawzall can easily become a disappointment if you don’t know how to use it properly. Some few techniques that should help you get the most out of your machine include:
- The right blade: simply, cutting saw blades are available in various designs and from different materials. Usually, a blade with more teeth is easier to control, mainly when cutting metal and other rugged materials.
If you can get one with carbide or diamond grits inserts, it will even be better as the two can cut at high speeds without getting hot. Thereby, enabling faster cutting and extended longevity.
Another thing, you should get a longer blade if you want to cut your wood or metal flush to a surface.
- Don’t struggle with worn-out blades: that’s right. If the teeth of the saw blade are slow cutting or smoking, sharpen them to extend their life. But if it has served long enough, changing with a new one can make your life easier.
- Protect Your Eyes: while woodworking or metalworking, a single speck of the cut waste can cause serious damage to your eye. As such, you have to wear safety goggles every time you are working. A model that covers your full face while wearing should be more effective.
- Wear work gloves: this one is a nonessential, but also it should help minimize the chances of getting injured. In case you are buying for the first time, we can recommend a pair that can withstand abrasion and impact with ease.
Finally, always make sure your tool is fully charged before you start working. That way, you will know well when to expect the battery charge to be depleted. A sawzall with a power indicator might even help you track the remaining charge easily and conveniently.
Which Is the Best Sawzall to Cut Metal?
Technically, the majority of recip saws have a cutting speed above 2500 strokes/minute, which is quite enough on sawing hard materials. All you will need is the proper cutting blade, in particular one tipped with carbide or diamond grit. This will ensure the saw can cut at high speeds without heating up and wearing down.
What’s The Difference between Reciprocating Saw and Jigsaw?
In simple words, a reciprocating saw is more of a demolishing tool, which features a blade sticking out of the front of the saw. The jigsaw, on the other hand, is a type of a sawzall that you can use to cut complex curves, shapes, and patterns. Unlike its counterpart, the blade protrudes downwards from the saw and not straight out.
What Is The Best Dewalt Sawzall?
Genuinely speaking, all products from the brand are high performing and reliable. For our subject, however, we picked the DEWALT DCS367BHYPERLINK Saw as it’s very comfortable to carry and use. Plus, the tool allows you to insert the blade in four different positions and it has a LED light to provide optimal visibility in low-lighted conditions.
Are Cordless Reciprocating Saws Worth It?
Absolutely! With a better quality product, you can enjoy using it in any environment without worrying if there is electricity. Also, the tool ensures there are no cords on the ground, thereby making your jobsite trip-free.
Which Is The Most Powerful Sawzall?
That depends on which type you’re speaking of. If it’s cordless, there are models like the DEWALT DCS380B and Black+DeckerH which delivers a power of up to 3000 strokes/ minute. And if it’s corded, we have an example like PORTER-CABLEthat functions at up to 3,200 SPM.
Although most explain it as an inessential tool, investing in a reciprocating tool can be more rewarding than you think. At least one time in two months, you will have some home improvement projects. And whether it’s pruning the trees at the backyard or renovating your store, you will need a proper tool to help with that.
If you have the best cordless sawzall in your toolbox, there’s probably nothing to worry about as the piece can cut through most materials. Whether it’s the hardwood tree branches or the window frame, the tool saws them all without hesitating. Thereby, making your work simpler and your life much easier.